Monday, August 16, 2010

Cosmos Charm

22x15 watercolor on Italia 140 lb cold press paper; some had emailed asking would I post the painting that was juried into Unwin's The Artistic Touch 4 book. So here it is! I will ship out a complimentary copy to the painting's owners, Mr. & Mrs. Rick Jackson in Phoenix, who have been collecting me for many years now.

I drew this from silk cosmos in a vase from Petals, a floral supply company whom I don't think is in business anymore, and painted as an online demo about 2 years ago.

8 comments:

Janice said...

This is wonderful, It says, summer, color, tranquility! Beautiful!

_Frankb10 said...

Wow, very striking and beautiful work.

Sandra Busby said...

Wow, Kaye this is amazing! It looks 3D because those beautiful flowers really do stand out! Frank has the right word - Striking!

Kathy said...

Enjoyed looking at your blog...found it through wetcanvas.com. I love you subject matter and the luscious colors you use.

Kay Smith said...

I so appreciate you each and every one for taking time to look at the blog! Please stop in again.

Rhonda Marineau said...

STUNNING~!!!! I love this piece. It's not very often you see a painting of cosmos that has a good composition. This one is fantastic. Love the bright, luminous colours. Can't wait to see your next piece. Cheers.

mollie jones said...

This has always been one of my favorites from your website. So happy to see it in the art book.

Kay Smith said...

Thanks Rhonda and Mollie! Maybe some of you will be in the next one.

Party Time Parrot Tulip

9x6 watercolor using Rosa brand paints made in Ukraine on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper done earlier this month. With this va...