Friday, March 30, 2012

Blue Jeanz Girl

22x15 watercolor over ink contour line drawing on Arches 140 lb cold press paper.  Last April or March I drew the figure with Micron .01 pen then did the design, but felt it had something lacking.  For one thing I should not have stamped into her face with bubble wrap so decided this week to cover most of that with Liquitex acrylics.  I also added eye shadow, fingernail polish, and one earring...what girl is complete without these most vital beauty supplies!  Background value was deepened with phthalocyanine blue green acrylic.  This was intended to resemble a self portrait as I'm always in jeans with a purse slung over my shoulder and in a hurry to get to painting!

3 comments:

Susan Roux said...

I caught the self portrait right off. No mistaking that! I really like the colors you used and it seems the corrections you made were all improvements. Good eye!

mollie jones said...

Really cool painting, Kay...say...is your hair that long how? Heehee...

Kay Smith said...

No, I cut it the end of January LOL!

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...