Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Golf Clubs

15x11 watercolor on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper of my and Les' golf bags and clubs and my shoes.  This flat shape method of painting is fun to do in which you decide warm or cool colors.  Then you choose 3 shapes:  Small, medium, and large and those will be one cool color.  You try to never repeat a color.  With either cool or warm compositions, you may use a couple of neutrals or couple of warms or vice versa.  Mostly blues and greens here, I did use black and soft grey for neutrals and my 2 warms were red and quin violet DaVinci paints.  At the end you can add patterns of Xs, Os, dash lines, etc. using a silver marker for cool paintings and a gold marker for warm themes.  This painting is SOLD.

No comments:

Checkerboard Star Cat

6x6 watercolor using Rosa paints made in Ukraine recently done on Masters Touch 80 lb. sketchbook paper. Using my photo of a friend's a...