Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tortoiseshell Kitty: Just Another Pretty Face (demo)

This is last night's demo I did for the Yoakum County Art Association in Plains, TX.  The subject is none other than Miss Halloween, or Hallie for short, a stray kitten who suddenly appeared last summer in my studio backyard.  I still think Don Jones put the sweet little thing there as he knew I would not refuse her a home.  Her face is divided in half, one side orange tabby and the other black as the ace of spades, hence her name.  She was laying on a blue dolphin beach towel surrounded by a lilac pillow I painted red geraniums on, and a pink silk embroidered pillow from Pier 1.  Size is 15x22 Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper, Daniel Smith/American Journey/DaVinci paints.

1 comment:

Watermarycolors said...

Wonderful artwork, i really like it!
Cheers! :)

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...