Monday, June 18, 2012

Let There be Lilies WIP

I've drawn and sectioned several tiger and daylily plants; each section will have its own background.  In this view of the 15x22 format, what you see are the almost completed flowers, buds, stalks, and leaves.  The very dark blood red lily grows in my front flowerbed and other colors are from my lily library.  I've used Daniel Smith, DaVinci, and American Journey watercolors.  I will post this work in progress with its multi background colored so you can see the difference a little color makes!  Paper is Italia Acquerello 140 lb soft press.

1 comment:

Siggi in Downeast Maine said...

I really like how you have done this...I an confused by your statement

"Each rectangle is rendered in its own color combinations with none repeated and lots of mixed pigments."

It appears that the rectangles are "joined" with a same color petal...
so does that mean some colors are repeated in other triangles ? I figure that must be so, but am curious as to how the colors were determined for each rectangle.

Will try this in the fall...it's a short plein air season in Maine.

Thank you so very much for sharing..I look forward to seeing emails from you.

Peace,
Siggi in Downeast Maine

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...