Monday, August 20, 2012

Being a Lab on a Green Couch

7x10 watercolor on Langton Prestige 140 lb CP paper; Daniel Smith paints done today as my daily painting.  I got wild with the color adding midnight blue to shadow areas on the dog's coat, quinacridone gold and gamboge on highlights and quin violet along with quin burnt orange elsewhere...green couch is covered in a loose slipcover.  At the end of an hour I let drips happen where they were.  This one is featured on WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event and ref courtesy of Susan the host.  The labrador was chocolate in color and couch was blue; the dog blended into the furniture and was a boring dull hue.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Awww. What a sweet, sweet dog. Great painting, Kay!

Diana said...

Kay, this is wonderful!!! You inspire me. Love your work and you are always trying something new and different and it looks wonderful. take care,Diana

Anonymous said...

How much?

Kay Smith said...

Thank you all. It is marked at $135 + $10 s&h on Daily Painters:
http://www.dailypainters.com/
Click on my art section there to purchase via PayPal or credit card or email me 1971ks@att.net for other arrangements.

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...