Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Flirty Flamingos - reworked watercolor

After getting more email inquiries about this painting I thought I'd post it again here, and that will feed into Daily Painters website where most of my work sells.  It is 15x22 watercolor over a failed geranium painting. In the old composition, I'd done geraniums and practiced negative painting leaves.  It was so totally horrible no artist in their right mind would show it.  Either they'd paint on the back or throw in the nearest bin.  But I love to remake and save lost sinners, hence this attempt at a redesign.  It did win Best of Show at one of our Big Spring Art Association exhibits at Howard College.  This fun scene is one of many of my old dogs redone into something else, reworked or recycled to make a better piece of art.  Currently I'm gathering information to submit to North Light books on my rescued paintings.  It is thrilling to note that one of them, Baby Callas, collection Terry and Jan Hansen, won a point with the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies as did another, Alter Egos, collection John D. Jones.  The latter won my 5th and final point with WFWS.

2 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

That such a clever painting.

Prerana Kulkarni said...

Awesome! Love your watercolors!

Eye of the Rooster

9x6 watercolor on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper, done earlier in the month using one of many rooster and chicken photo refere...