Sunday, August 25, 2013

Birds on Wires

Here is my one hour demo lesson done yesterday morning for the West TX Art Guild in Colorado City, Texas.  I used two photos of birds on phone line wires right outside my studio door. It is painted on Kilimanjaro watercolor 140 lb paper and is 15x22.  WTAG had a very nice turnout and I did sell a small scarlet macaw parrot painting.  My demo was held at Carolyn Walker's studio next door to Leada Wood's Studio Twenty, off Interstate 20.  This was my first time to paint insulators; one could get quite creative with the large sky!
Image is COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...