Saturday, October 26, 2013

Work in Progress: As Sweet as Pie little girl portrait

22x15 watercolor on Fabriano 140 lb hot press paper, a work in progress (WIP) begun today from a photo I took of Leah Roman Hughes' granddaughter.  I only had my iPhone photo reference from which to work, and this is as far as I got today.  There are black chairs behind her that I'll paint tomorrow which will make her white denim jacket really pop!  Her red hairbow is a nice counterbalance to the fruit.  The cheesecake covered with fat ripe strawberries looks too yummy!  The title will be "As Sweet as Pie".
Image is COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.

1 comment:

Marianne Ginsberg said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...