Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Broads and Bimbos in a Bar

8x5.5 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media, drawn and painted today, another in my wild women series.  It occurred to me while sitting in a meeting that I should depict girls in a bar, some laid back and carefree while others were uptight, mad, or too pretty to care.  Sort of a tribute to my days of bar hopping, hoping to find that one cute guy who'd ask you to dance, buy you a drink and sweep you off your feet during the Texas two-step.  These gals are made up and not patterned after anyone I know.  Maybe you will find yourself in this nightclub bar scene.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Daisy Bee

6x6 watercolor and ink line in Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done last week for an online challenge featuring insects on flowers or ...