Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Off the Beaten Path

6x9 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper painted yesterday as part of a series of barns and old buildings theme.  This is for posting on Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days September blog challenge and we are now on day #6.  The past two days I have done six pieces.  With the old ramshackle shed building I've added scattered rocks negatively painted in the foreground while it sits on a high horizon.  On my Saturday trip to enter Artists of Texas exhibit in Breckenridge I was able to photograph many old farm buildings.  A limited palette of burnt sienna, cerulean and ultramarine blue, raw sienna was used.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.

2 comments:

Jan said...

This is how I want to paint when I grow up!

Kay Smith said...

Thank you, Jan!

Checkerboard Star Cat

6x6 watercolor using Rosa paints made in Ukraine recently done on Masters Touch 80 lb. sketchbook paper. Using my photo of a friend's a...