Friday, November 3, 2017

Saw-whet Owl

12x9 watermedia on Bristol 300 series paper done today using two different media in my ongoing bird series in various art products.  For this, I used a black Tombow brush pen and only put in black areas first, from one of my bird photos, doing negative painting.  After those, I used a #14 round and with fresh water, created the grey midtones leaving whites.  While most areas still wet I sprinkled black Brusho crystals then blended some areas with a wet brush, being careful not to over blend or over mix.  Look closely and you can see the orange and blue within the Brusho.  No pencil pre-drawing done in this vignette.
COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith          Email:   1971ks@att.net to purchase via PayPal          Cost:   $175

No comments:

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...