Friday, March 30, 2012
Blue Jeanz Girl
22x15 watercolor over ink contour line drawing on Arches 140 lb cold press paper. Last April or March I drew the figure with Micron .01 pen then did the design, but felt it had something lacking. For one thing I should not have stamped into her face with bubble wrap so decided this week to cover most of that with Liquitex acrylics. I also added eye shadow, fingernail polish, and one earring...what girl is complete without these most vital beauty supplies! Background value was deepened with phthalocyanine blue green acrylic. This was intended to resemble a self portrait as I'm always in jeans with a purse slung over my shoulder and in a hurry to get to painting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zoo Elephants
9x12 watercolor with walnut ink on Canson 140 lb cold press paper; other colors used were raw umber and Payne's grey. Sketch done with...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

3 comments:
I caught the self portrait right off. No mistaking that! I really like the colors you used and it seems the corrections you made were all improvements. Good eye!
Really cool painting, Kay...say...is your hair that long how? Heehee...
No, I cut it the end of January LOL!
Post a Comment