Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Shining Shasta Daisies
8.25x4.25 watercolor on Daler Rowney 140 lb cold press paper, a loose daisy painting using only a 3 value study made with a black Tombow brush pen. Using a black and white photo of the daisies in my yard I marked with black only the darkest darks, followed by mid-tones then lights or the white of the paper. I used a #12 round brush on dry paper and did splatters at the end when dry. No pencil drawing, only negative painting.
COPYRIGHT 2022 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment