15x15 mixed media collage on Saunders watercolor paper that is today's work. I took the worst painting I had which was a collaged dragonfly using newspaper print over acrylic background of multiple colors including gold glitter. Focusing on the insect I cut 7 inches off its left side then added acrylic inks, fluid acrylics, India ink, and Caran D'Ache Neocolor II wax crayons. Then glazed over background with yellow green, then thalo blue/green, then gold. Next was stenciling wing marks using a paper Valentine doily and permanent magenta ink. A flower outline upper left was added to the curved green line then another larger dark magenta bloom under its right lower wing. Blue and turquoise wax crayons along with black ink was put on the body. It is a much improved painting now.
Image COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.