Monday, January 2, 2017

December Chickens ~ 30 in 30 Challenge day 2

5.5x8 watercolor and ink (Uniball Vision Elite pen) and colored pencils on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media begun on new year's eve, hence the title.  I finished it yesterday in time to join in another of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge for January.  Photo courtesy Kordelia/WetCanvas where also I posted it for the current weekend drawing event.  I had cropped the chickens in the reference to focus more on the white hen.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016/2017 Kay Smith.

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Love your work Kay, just popped over to the check place and purchased the donkeys at the fence checkbook cover, love donkeys. This rooster is awesome - course I am akin with farm animals!

Kay Smith said...

Thank you so much, Pattie, for the nice compliments and for your donkey checkbook cover acquisition!

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...