Saturday, March 17, 2012

Western Bluebird

15x11 watercolor of a Western Bluebird on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper and Daniel Smith paints.  This was one of five watercolor bird illustrations done for North Light Books a few years back that I've never shown.  They selected two, a penguin and house sparrow, for their publication Painters Quick Reference Birds & Butterflies.  I'll be posting the other birds as well except for the penguin that already appears in my sidebar on the blog home page.  This is based on one I found down a stairwell at work, in the corner, shivering as he was cold.  I didn't realize we had them in Texas.

No comments:

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...