Saturday, May 26, 2012

Orchids


8.5x10.5 watercolor of pale yellow orchids I photographed while plein air painting at Alldredge Gardens in Midland, TX recently.
The handmade A4 rough paper was bought when visiting the Tate Gallery in St. Ives, Cornwall and I was afraid it would not be suitable for a fluid floral.  The bottom image is sans background just to show the difference a little dark makes.  In the finished work you can see other orchids and some pots top center.  Quite fun and entertaining! I can paint them but not grow them.

2 comments:

Lucyna F. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucyna F. said...

I will paint this flower in oil. It will BIG challenge for me.

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...