Saturday, November 29, 2014

Condo Kitchen Sketch

8.5x5.5 watercolor and ink sketch of our mountain condo kitchen, done two weeks ago, one of our last Sketchbook Skool assignments.  In the lesson, we were instructed by Tommy Kane to sit and sketch in ink our kitchen, ignoring perspective, and adding as much detail as possible.  So please excuse the wonky stove range top! On the wall is a very long chef painting on tar paper done by Leada Wood. In the corner is red, black and white chef ceramic pitcher given to me by Barb Miller.  A reflection of the painting can be seen in microwave window, chef spoon rest is on range, red handled knives sit in knife block and you can see the dark plank flooring just installed.  Quartz counter tops are black, white with gold flecks.  Hanging on the oven door rack is a chef themed kitchen towel.  This was all the detail I could get as I was backed up to the sink in the narrow kitchen.  I love the warm golden apricot painted walls.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

1 comment:

Leada Wood said...

Awww! I didn't realize my chef had moved to the mountAins �� nice sketch. I still haven't sketched my kitchen...

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...