Sunday, May 10, 2015

Management Donkeys

15x22 watercolor on140 lb cold press Saunders paper painted wet in wet.  When I first painted "Management" everyone who has ever been in the workplace loved its title.  These three donkeys were grazing not far from my mother's farm in west Texas and they came over to meet me at the fence.  Background buildings were imaginary as I wanted to depict a very hot southwestern day.  This one sold right away then I painted it again several years after and that one sold at its first show.  Who knows, I might do them again as I have saved the drawing on tracing paper.
Image is COPYRIGHT Kay Smith.

No comments:

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...