Wednesday, August 24, 2016

White Fence and Sunflowers

18x24 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper completed yesterday that has taken several days.  I had painted this before and posted the first version recently, Large Sunflower Fence.  Since it was such a poor photo at a low resolution not suitable for prints I decided to paint it again.  This scene was along Sudderth Drive in Ruidoso, NM, where the Chartreuse Moose shops are now, and every variety of sunflower was blooming behing the white fence that is still there.  Such temptation to the painter could not go ignored, so hope this version is as well received.  The background is imaginary; I left out all the pine trees.  It will be added to my ArtSpan website and enabled for prints.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.

1 comment:

jhon said...

The Nerve Agents were one of my favorite Bay Area hardcore bands. So of course White Fence is sick. Of course For The Recently Found Innocent is sick. Of course. Whoops.fence gate

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...