22x15 watercolor, gouache, over failed watercolor painting of a too detailed floral. One of my line drawings was placed over the old one and the shape outlined in fine tip Sharpie. I placed a full sheet acetate over and began laying in large areas with paint to see what worked and what did not. There was lots of negative painting in the original piece and I wanted some of that patterning to show in the finished rabbit. This was begun as a demo last Monday at the Palette Club in Midland, TX. There are tiny touches of line emphasized with Caran D'Ache watersoluble crayons. I will be back there in June 7-9 for a short workshop teaching this method; email me to find out more: kay1971smith@aol.com
Here is the old failed painting, an imaginary floral which shows what was in my brain at the time last year, mostly nothing! I did like the warm coral, pink, gold, yellow, magenta, and orange colors accented by the dark hunter and lime greens, and cobalt teal blue.
BEFORE:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Farmland Clouds
9x5.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on Canson 117 lb cold press done last part of September while on a trip to the mountains. In thi...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...


No comments:
Post a Comment