11x15 watercolor from my client's memory, a twilight scene with fireflies in east Texas one hot summer. They were 5 years old and he placed a lightning bug (firefly) ring upon her finger. I tried to show the innocence of children having a private moment she would cherish and remember from the mid 1950s. Getting the light just right, plus all the rest, was a real challenge! I don't have kids and had no references, so it was even more difficult to depict "Jimmy and Jan", and hope I did it justice. This painting is SOLD.
Image COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

3 comments:
Hello Kay,
I follow you on Art Colony and really admire your work. I adore this "memory painting". I'm sure it will be cherished.
Thank you, Phyl! I'm thrilled you like it and hope it will be well received.
This picture is very dreamy and ethereal. Beautiful and lovely artwork.
Post a Comment