Friday, February 1, 2013

Lonely Heart - Happy February Hearts Series

10.25x10.5 mixed watermedia on Crescent matboard.  I used a pink and silver gel pen to draw the heart, then pink watersoluble oil pastel and colored pencil loosely overall.  Then I used crimson, orange, purple, sepia and black India inks; colors allowed to blend and mix.  The woman is black and sepia ink stamped onto the dry left upper area.  When blotting ink with a tissue, I stamped that in several spots for roses, then with colored pencils made stems and leaves lower right.  Today at work we all wore red for cardiac awareness, and each day till Valentine's on the 14th I will post a heart.  If any of you would like to send me a unique heart you have created, please do so at my email HERE and I will post them on this blog.

No comments:

Brown Chicken Collage

5.5x7.5 mixed media on mat board completed around first of the month using watercolor cut pieces and other paper using mat medium. COPYRIGH...