Monday, May 5, 2014

Cottage Geraniums


5.25 x 4 acrylic, an experiment done yesterday. I used a scrap of tan matboard and covered with 1 coat gloss medium. Let dry, then drew geraniums in a windowsill with Pigma Micron 01 pen. For lace curtains, I used a tiny paper stencil, then brushed dilute white acrylic into its holes. Next painted the white window frame and sill, then the 3 pots of red and pink geraniums. With very dilute mix of red, blue, and green I lightly did sides of the house and below sill. In between curtains you can see the original mat color. Title of it is "Cottage Geraniums". A good experiment. I'll try watercolor or gouache next with GM coated mat for a Yupo-like effect. I think we should be willing, as artists, to try new ideas to keep the old brain cells recharged
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Just loved this!! Wow!