Been looking at all sorts of peppers here in New Mexico as I've been madly painting for a week now in the cool mountains of Ruidoso. Known as the Playground of the Southwest to me it is a chance to connect to nature and enjoy pines, extraordinary light, and delicious cuisine. Art and antiques abound here in this fun place. Since Monday I've completed 3 paintings so will show them to you soon. Stay tuned.Thursday, October 14, 2010
Red Hot Chile Ristras
Been looking at all sorts of peppers here in New Mexico as I've been madly painting for a week now in the cool mountains of Ruidoso. Known as the Playground of the Southwest to me it is a chance to connect to nature and enjoy pines, extraordinary light, and delicious cuisine. Art and antiques abound here in this fun place. Since Monday I've completed 3 paintings so will show them to you soon. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
1 comment:
Wow, this look so spicy Kay! At the beginning I thought it is you painting and oh My God, it would be insane to paint all of that peppers. But they are so beautiful so shapie! I can't wait to see your completed art.
thanks,
Irina
Post a Comment