22x15 watercolor and gouache on 140 lb cold press paper, my demo for today's workshop class. Our task was to take an old painting that just didn't look like we wanted, and remake it into something better. For mine I choose a previous floral that had already been redone but still was lousy. I turned it vertically and drew aspen outlines using black watersoluble Tombow brush pen, then with white gouache and watercolors, mostly opaques, I painted this scene. Below you can see the old dog itself.
BEFORE version, titled Poppies and Berries, that had lots of negatively painted leaves and blooms...way too much detail as is my usual habit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
White Stallion Horse
8x6 watercolors done last week using Daniel Smith paints on handmade rough 140 lb cold press paper. With this white horse I've used im...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...


1 comment:
Great recovery, Kay! I like your pansies too.
Post a Comment