30x22 torn paper collage over gouache and watercolor, a design composition I've gone back into. Initially, this one was watermedia and drawn in charcoal and it didn't work, so I used torn paper and collaged the central guy with a cigarette. Still it was off, so this weekend past with 3 days off, I tackled it again, applying more torn magazine pieces adhered with acrylic matte medium to the two side men. Some areas around the main guy's white shirt were refined. Each guy represents those hunks that 'got away', so I was laughing and reminiscing. Phrases such as Snake Charmer, Control Freak, Grow a Pair, honeymoon, the ones that got away, etc., can be seen incorporated into various areas.
Image COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment