22x15 watercolor of three yellow crested cockatoos amongst vivid orchid-looking tropical flowers, an imaginary scene. I love to paint white birds and each endeavor is a challenge to sneak enough color into their wings to have proper value scale. This one was done a few years ago wet in wet on 140 lb cold press paper. I've used some negative painting shapes here and there.
Image is COPYRIGHT Kay Smith 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment