8x5.5 watercolor drawn weeks ago after my trip to Spring, TX to take a Houston workshop. Vernita Bridges Hoyt and I were touring the old town area when I took the photo that inspired this ink drawing (with Pigma Micron 01 pen on Strathmore Visual Journal).
I did leave out some extraneous details which did not enhance the final structures. The piece has a vertical line dominance. Old Glory is waving proud and free. God Bless America! Happy 4th of July Independence Day 2013!
Image COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment