22x15 watercolor on Fabriano 140 lb hot press paper, a work in progress (WIP) begun today from a photo I took of Leah Roman Hughes' granddaughter. I only had my iPhone photo reference from which to work, and this is as far as I got today. There are black chairs behind her that I'll paint tomorrow which will make her white denim jacket really pop! Her red hairbow is a nice counterbalance to the fruit. The cheesecake covered with fat ripe strawberries looks too yummy! The title will be "As Sweet as Pie".
Image is COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Post a Comment