15x22 watercolor painted earlier in a negative manner with no predrawing, just splashing paint on and seeing koi fish shapes, then developing them. This painting is featured in Ponds & Water Gardens Volume 18, 2015 annual edition magazine I just got today. The editor did an article on koi art and included mine and Laurie Justus Pace's work among others. I did mention Big Spring in the article!It's a beautiful issue and now I want a koi pond! This image is SOLD.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2010 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment