15x22 watercolor wildlife painting on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper. I photographed this lovely bird year before last in a cattail marsh on Warrior road in Ruidoso, NM. Blending in with the environment, they frequent roadside brushy areas and dwell within the reeds and cattails. I've entered it in a major bird exhibit on the West Coast coming up. So for now it is not for sale.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment