12x6 watercolor and white wax crayon on Strathmore 140 lb cold press paper done last week. I made random vertical lines with the crayon then added different neutral colors greyed down for trees. Negative painting was done for branches and other tree branch shapes. Reflections in the frozen ice foreground was a happy accident I didn't intend on having but I liked its effects.
Image COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment