15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper begun yesterday. So almost done, just need foreground shadows over the grass and it is such a pretty yellow-green I hate to ruin it as shadows are not my strong suit. The buckets were brightly colored in the photo ref but here I have changed them to rusty metal. When this work in progress is finished I will post it on WetCanvas in the All Media Art Events forum in the current or just last Saturday's weekend drawing event. The view here is at the 2 hour mark, where artists are asked to stop and document their progress. Stay tuned.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment