Friday, September 15, 2017

Zebra in Grass

AFTER
 5.5 x 7.5 mixed media on foamcore done today from my zebra photo I featured on current WetCanvas weekend drawing event challenge.  Participants have 2 hours to do a painting from 10 images the host furnishes.  The challenge was to rework or redo another one with one of the 10, so I chose yesterday's alcohol ink that I didn't really like.  Using a Staedtler Lumocolor permanent ink pen, the animal's stripes were put in on top of the ink.  Next I cut blades of grass and collaged them onto the foreground with matte medium.  Total time was 1 hour.


BEFORE
Images COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith
Cost:  $115 + s&h     Contact me at 1971ks@att.net to purchase

No comments:

Thirsty Bluetit Bird

6x6 watercolor and Brusho done last week of a thirsty blue tit or bluetit bird. I've used this same photo and painted the bird larger t...