Monday, January 11, 2021
Sweet Petite Chickadee in Junk Journal
8.25x5.25 mixed media/collage on vintage book page in junk journal. Sketched in hard charcoal pencil, the chickadee is sweet and petite as the pickle label suggests. I used watercolor, gouache, and white gel pen to finish this one done last week. For some of the vertical lines I painted gouache on the edge of cardboard and stamped it onto the paper.
COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
The Chickadee is sweet and petite. Clever scene.
Post a Comment