Friday, February 11, 2022

Bold Elephant

Mixed media on 8.25×11 Crescent matboard done today in about 1 hour. After a pencil sketch I went over the lines using a wooden chopstick and black India ink. When dry, I wet his hide then sprinkled grey and dark brown Brusho. When that dried, I sprayed Tim Holtz’ Distress ink stain in Old Photo. Background is all gouache and white gel pen for tiny twigs or grasses. I was anxious to try Brusho and the spray ink together to see what texture developed and really do like it. A Uniball 207 rollerball pen added some lines to him and other dark areas. COPYRIGHT 2022 Kay Smith

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

I like your experiments on this and the face before. Amazing artist!

Checkerboard Grasshopper

6x6 watercolor in Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done last week using the square grid as background pattern for the grasshopper insec...