Friday, February 11, 2022
Bold Elephant
Mixed media on 8.25×11 Crescent matboard done today in about 1 hour. After a pencil sketch I went over the lines using a wooden chopstick and black India ink. When dry, I wet his hide then sprinkled grey and dark brown Brusho. When that dried, I sprayed Tim Holtz’ Distress ink stain in Old Photo. Background is all gouache and white gel pen for tiny twigs or grasses. I was anxious to try Brusho and the spray ink together to see what texture developed and really do like it. A Uniball 207 rollerball pen added some lines to him and other dark areas.
COPYRIGHT 2022 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thunder Rolling In
6x6 watercolor using Daniel Smith paints in Master's Touch sketchbook, another in my imaginary skies series. With very little time to p...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
1 comment:
I like your experiments on this and the face before. Amazing artist!
Post a Comment