Tuesday, May 14, 2024
Politicians
22x15 watercolor on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper. Using only black and white photos I drew each fur-person carefully then painted wet on dry using imagination. On right hand side with orange background is a Siamese and that is Jezebel, my first studio kitty.
It was hard to find a sleezy name and many nouns such as Scalawags (too doggish), Jailbait, Devils in Fur Coats, came to mind but politicians seemed to fit perfectly. The cute phrase Cats are Just Tiny Women in Cheap Fur Coats is different, too. I love the one wet kitty on the left. I hope the cat lovers admire this one as it took awhile to do.
COPYRIGHT 2024 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment