Friday, April 11, 2025
Calla Lily with Cherries
15x22 watercolor on 140 lb cold press Saunders. This is a still life white calla lily set up with fresh red cherries on one of my tapestries. Photos were taken to paint from later and this is the first one I attempted. The lily was artificial from several purchased at Hobby Lobby. Partly wet on wet and wet on dry direct painting method.
COPYRIGHT Kay Smith 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mocking Bird Auto
11x15 watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140 lb rough and Daniel Smith paints done first of September. I had not painted this deserted old bu...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment