Saturday, May 31, 2014
It's a disaster but I had fun! I used gloss medium and varnish over acrylic painted areas that I'd used paper round doily on, then quickly pulled up. The figures are from an old Victorian catalog cover and bottom right a new Dick Blick sale book cover; black lines from an inkjet print of my cosmos...it was too old a copy and so lines did not all come off. When dry, I went back in with pink acrylic and lightly brushed in paint where top layer of the mat had peeled off. This painting is featured on WetCanvas Mixed Media/Alternative Materials forum for May, where we practiced different photo transfer methods.
Image COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.