Saturday, May 31, 2014

Romance

12x9 mixed media (acrylics, ink, paper transfers) on Crescent matboard started yesterday and finished today.
It's a disaster but I had fun! I used gloss medium and varnish over acrylic painted areas that I'd used paper round doily on, then quickly pulled up. The figures are from an old Victorian catalog cover and bottom right a new Dick Blick sale book cover; black lines from an inkjet print of my cosmos...it was too old a copy and so lines did not all come off. When dry, I went back in with pink acrylic and lightly brushed in paint where top layer of the mat had peeled off.  This painting is featured on WetCanvas Mixed Media/Alternative Materials forum for May, where we practiced different photo transfer methods.
Image COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Daisy Bee

6x6 watercolor and ink line in Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done last week for an online challenge featuring insects on flowers or ...