15x22 harbor scene on 140 lb Saunders cold press watercolor paper, one of the fast and furious works done last month in Francese's workshop. No pencil used, just painting color on top of color and negatively carving out shapes with 1" and 2" brushes, wet on dry in about 1.5 hours.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
5 comments:
You really know how to lay those colors down, Kay. Really doesn't matter what size brush you are using...but...I'd have had a stroke with flats. Beautiful work.
Thank you Mollie!
Mmmmm...do I detect the influence of Frank Francese? Very nice!
This is fabulous, Kay!
Thanks gals!!!
Post a Comment