Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Roses Abstract in mixed watermedia
15x22 watercolor, acrylic, spray paint on Arches 140 lb cold press paper. Large circular plastic lids were placed onto the paper then drawn around and negative spaces painted. Color was splashed on and stretched cotton gauze cheesecloth was laid on top; color was touched to its edges. This was allowed to dry. Meanwhile I "found" rose shapes, stems, and leaves then developed those. Lastly I stamped a rubber circular stamp onto dry paper for detail. This one has a lacy, Victorian feel and is a romantic painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

3 comments:
This is gorgeous. The colors just dance for me. I must ask, did you leave the cheesecloth on or remove it?
Thank you Sharon. No, I removed it after it dried and really like the textural marks it makes.
Kay I really like this. You never cease to amaze me. When do you work or sleep.
Post a Comment