Friday, May 25, 2012
Art & Sol Beach Figure
12x9 watercolor on Langton 140 lb cold press paper, Daniel Smith/American Journey paints. I've been working on this for days for a monthly challenge contest on WetCanvas! We had to use bird of paradise plants coupled with art nouveau designs in unusual ways, so here is my figure wearing bird of paradise earrings at the beach with art nouveau (French for new art) design behind and the beach and ocean distant background. We were encouraged to study artist Alphonse Mucha (1860-1939) and what a fascinating painter and master he was! Look him up online for some intriguing style worth seeing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
White Stallion Horse
8x6 watercolors done last week using Daniel Smith paints on handmade rough 140 lb cold press paper. With this white horse I've used im...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

2 comments:
Beautiful portrait! love the colors I think the details in black are lovely!
I love it! It's lively and uplifting - not only because of her big smile, but also that colourful blouse! :0)
Post a Comment