30x22 watercolor on Lanaquarelle 140 lb hot press paper done this afternoon. After painting so many pet portraits lately I thought it was time for a spring floral! My ref photo was taken in the Netherlands by my friend Barbara and I used only the large parrot tulip upper right. The others are all imaginary as to colors and shapes.
Image COPYRIGHT 2013 KAY SMITH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment