Saturday, May 18, 2013
Expressionistic Spaniel
6x8.5 watercolor on blue tinted paper/Daniel Smith paints. I drew this Cavalier King Charles spaniel in about 10 minutes yesterday then spent about 35 minutes painting in an Expressionistic style today. To me, she appears very happy chewing her bone so I used vivid brights and not local color. Karmela belongs to Thaesha in California, this weekend's drawing event host on WetCanvas in the All Media Art Events forum. She set two challenges for us and I chose to paint in this style rather than my usual realism. I hope she likes how happy I've made her pet portrait! It was a fun one to do. Thanks, Thaesha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment