22x15 transparent watercolor on Daler Rowney Langton Prestige 140 lb cold press paper, done this week and finished today. It has been a looooong time since I painted a still life and these old apothecary bottles too interesting to pass up. A branch of turning red orange leaves completes the vertical composition. This was painted wet on dry using Daniel Smith paints: Quinacridone burnt orange and gold, new gamboge, green gold, UB, transparent pyrrol orange, undersea green, raw sienna, cobalt teal blue, Prussian blue, manganese blue, along with Winsor Newton lemon yellow.
Image COPYRIGHT Kay Smith 2013.
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

3 comments:
This is really vibrant. Beautiful.
I really love your colors in this and the arrangement is an elegant one.
I love this piece, the colours and the subject.
Post a Comment