I began painting the girl's hair, wet on dry watercolor using quinacridone gold and raw sienna for blond highlights. Her yellow dress colors are Winsor yellow and quin gold. His hair is light brown using quin burnt orange, carbazole violet and ultramarine blue; her hair has touches of the blue as well. Masking dots are places where fireflies, or lightning bugs are. He is placing a firefly "ring" upon her finger and the setting is twilight. Flesh colors are burnt sienna and cadmium orange and the time setting is in the mid 1950s. Stay tuned for more to follow later.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mocking Bird Auto
11x15 watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140 lb rough and Daniel Smith paints done first of September. I had not painted this deserted old bu...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
I love the yellows on the girl. Such a summery feel already.
Post a Comment