30x8 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper completed today. As a lotus seed pod fan, when I first saw these green ones on long stems I knew they must be painted. Here they reside in a grey tall vase with vertical textural lines. The dramatic darks in the background set the stage for the light greens in this still life.
Image COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment